Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Wish

I don't know how to not wish I wasn't here for Christmas. Having asked a number of people where the favorite place they've traveled is, and often hearing Switzerland as their choice, it is now at the top of my list of places I want to go. This list is quite extensive. In reality, there is not a single place I wouldn't want to go, although there is a bottom of the list: Antartica. Mostly because so many of the things that I love about traveling: people, food, architecture, art, history, fashion, is seriously lacking there. Oh, and it's completely frozen. I'm sure that horizon line would be amazing though.

But Switzerland would be amazing. Apparently there are delightful Christmas Markets all over this country. The picture above is of Luzern. Someday I'll make it to one of these markets and maybe buy some Christmas decor similar to these:



From the home of Maedchenstyle in Berlin. Many came from this delightful site. The pixies are adorable. Merry Christmas.

1 comment: